Receiving an award for actors is their ultimate achievement. It will give them an edge over other actors and of course, their value as an actor also increases. No matter what kind of award it may be, an award is an award.
One type of award is the supporting role award. The role of a supporting actor is often the sidekick of the lead actor or the second lead actor. This role has its corresponding award and actors seek after this type of award.
When an actor or actress play a supporting role, they do not take it as a second choice, but they take the award as a recognition to their craft and receiving it is as if they received the lead role award. In awards, there is no lead roles or second lead roles as any character is as important as the other to make the film beautiful and worth-watching.
A best supporting actress is as important as a best actress award. So, if one might be wondering if actresses want to win supporting awards, the answer is a big yes. It is an achievement for them and a recognition as well.
To prove that actors and actresses love to take supporting role awards, here is a list of popular actors and actresses who received supporting role awards:
1) Meryl Streep for the movie ‘Kramer Vs Kramer’
2) Jack Nicholson for the movie ‘Terms of Endearment’
3) Denzel Washington for the movie ‘Glory’
4) Cate Blanchett for the movie ‘The Aviator’
5) Robert de Niro for the movie ‘The Godfather Part 2’
6) Michael Caine for the movie ‘Hannah and Her Sisters’
7) Jessica Lange for the movie ‘Tootsie’
8) Gene Hackman for the movie ‘Unforgiven’
9) Renee Zellweger for the movie ‘Cold Mountain’
10) Helen Hayes from the movie ‘Airport’
The best supporting actress award is won by many popular actresses and they did not mind at all if it was a supporting role award. Real actors and actresses do not mind much about the award they get. As long as they love what they are doing and they are given due recognition, it is already an achievement for them. It will inspire them to do more films and do their best at their craft.
Awards are but recognition given to actors and actresses. The Academy Awards is an award-giving body that ensures their choices are the choices of the people. Receiving an award from the body is like receiving an award from the people.